The English School of Budapest is seeking additional part-time teachers due to expansion!
Part time Kindergarten/Lower Primary Teacher
The English School of Budapest (ESB) is Hungary’s leading provider of English literacy classes to children aged 6 to 15. Education at our school occurs exclusively in small groups, and our curriculum is based upon the National Curriculum for England and Wales. We provide courses for a wide range of ages and abilities, from young beginners to teens preparing for university studies in English. Classes are held weekdays after school and on Saturday mornings. We also hold regular community events and our work is supplemented by a Parent-Teacher Association. Our school is also authorized by the Hungarian Ministry of Education to hold for-credit teacher trainings for (mostly) Hungarian teachers of English; such trainings are held twice each academic year.
Our school focuses on maintaining active learning, and lessons are organized around six-week units covering a variety of topics. Group work is emphasized, and in addition to more traditional “tests” at the end of each unit, a variety of more modern assessments (presentations, videos, debates, posters, creative writing) are also used to evaluate student growth and learning. Finally, the school maintains a Home Learning Site which provides extension activities for children to continue their studies independently at home.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Teaches English literacy to both second language learners and native speakers
- Motivates students to learn and do their best
- Has a friendly and cheerful disposition and works well in a team
- Contributes to school life and to events
- Welcomes new students into their classrooms at any time
- Promotes our school in the community and to new parents
The candidate must be/have:
- a native speaker of English
- Qualified and certified teacher status (PGCE, teaching licensure from a US state, etc)
- Experience as a primary/elementary school teacher and/or a secondary teacher
- An ambitious individual who wishes to develop their own skills and experience
- A person who enjoys the creativity of managing his or her own classroom and working environment.
- Candidates holding a Master’s Degree and/or a Ph.D are preferred
What we can offer you:
- A salary that allows a comfortable standard of living
- Continuous training and personal development
- Exposure to the newest teaching methodologies
- An informal and fun working environment with a supportive, inspirational team
If you are interested in working at ESB, please send your CV with three email addresses for references (including your current employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Samu 6 hónapja kezdett az ESB-be járni. Teljesen kezdő szintről indult. Mára mondatokban beszél és több száz szavas szókinccsel rendelkezik. Nagyon élvezi a foglalkozásokat, új barátokat is szerzett, és közben rengeteget fejlődött a tudása. Hálás köszönet a csoport tanárának, Ms Danielle-nek!
Orsolya (mother of Samu)
“Lányunk egy kicsit félénk volt, amikor csatlakozott az ESB-hez, nagyon alap szintű angoltudással rendelkezett, de az órákat az első pillanattól kezdve élvezte. 5 hónap után egyenletesen fejlődik és már ki tudja fejezni magát. Az ESB-ben motivált környezetet teremtenek a gyerekeknek, és a témakörök köré épített különböző feladatok felkeltik érdeklődésüket.”
Anita (mother of Kata)